- In a medium covered pot, pour 8 cups of water (preferably purified water).
- Place one handful of fresh herb(s) or 1/4 cup dried into the water. Do not add or use “essential oils” as they are too strong and may burn sensitive genital tissue.
- Bring water to a soft boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn of the heat, leave the lid on and steep for another 5 minutes with the lid on.
- It is very important to test the temperature of the steam before using. If it is too hot wait 15 seconds and test it again until it feels comfortably warm to steam with.
- Pour 4 cups (half) of water into the bowl you have placed in your toilet.
- Wave your hand 8-10 inches over the herbal water to make sure it is not too hot.
- Remove your underwear and sit on the seat above the steaming water.
- Drape a large blanket or sheet around your waist down to the floor making sure no steam escapes.
- Make sure you keep yourself warm, keeping something on your feet (socks, slippers) and neck. You do not want any cold to get into your body while you are trying to warm it.
- You should feel a warm, rolling heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- When the steam dies down dump the water into the toilet. Starting with step #4 begin the second dosage. If it has cooled too much reheat but test again before sitting over the steam.
Please note: this can temporarily increase menstrual flow with more dark fluids or debris. Menses may start earlier than usual due to the cleansing effect.
Do not use this product if:
Extremely heavy menstrual cycles
During a menstrual cycle
If you have open wounds, sores or blisters
If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant
If you have genital piercings, take them out, the heat will cause the piercing to burn.